When some people think of destination weddings they picture Las Vegas or some tropical beach an ocean away. The Smoky Mountains are growing in popularity as a wedding destination. Here are the 10 Best Things About Getting Married in the Smokies.
1) Everyone can come. The Smoky Mountains are within a day’s drive of 3/4 of our nation’s population. If your family is spread around, Gatlinburg can literally be the place to “meet in the middle”.
2) Everyone WANTS to come. Your wedding weekend can turn into a fun getaway for your family and friends. There’s something for everyone to do, from hiking in the Smoky Mountain National Park, to riding the roller-coasters at Dollywood, taking in a dinner show, or shopping at Tanger Outlet Mall.
3) Everyone can AFFORD to come. Not every family member and friend can hop on a plane and pay for a beach resort vacation. The lodging opportunities in the Smokies are endless and cover every price point. Your guests can stay at Dolly’s Dreamore Resort, rent a cabin or try “glamping” (glamorous camping).
4) Planning your day will be easy once you book your wedding venue. You receive a welcome package that includes trusted coordinators, officiants, caterers and musicians.
5) You can spoil your bridesmaids the day before the wedding at River Stone Spa. Nothing says “thanks for being in my wedding” like a manicure, facial, and a massage.
6) The men can hit the golf course the day before the wedding at one of the area’s amazing golf courses.
7) Your wedding party can “live it up” the night before the wedding, walking the strip in downtown Gatlinburg.
8)Your wedding photos will be stunning. After your big day you keep the ring, the memories, and the pictures. With the beauty of the Smoky Mountains as the backdrop, they will be amazing.
9) Honeymoon cabins. It doesn’t get much better than waking up as Mr. & Mrs. with a stunning mountain view.
10) Pancakes the morning after your wedding. A sweet start for the newlyweds.
Looking for the perfect venue for your Smoky Mountain Wedding? Check out 4 Points Farm.